Posted by Lynette Hammond on 7th Jan 2016
Antifreeze presents deadly risks to pets and just the smallest amount can cause kidneys to fail and lead to the untimely demise of our feline friends. Accidental poisonings happen, especially at this time of year when the temperatures drop. Spills, leaks and failure to store the antifreeze properly all lead to a large amount of pet deaths in the UK. There have also been several cases of pet poisoning with antifreeze in the media, something that is of concern to us all.
You can help keep your pets safe from accidental antifreeze poisoning using the following tips:
Suspected Antifreeze Poisoning in Cats
Cats and all other pets need to see a vet as soon as you suspect they may have antifreeze poisoning. The signs of poisoning can be seen around half an hour after being exposes but kidney failure can take a few days before it’s noticed. The symptoms to watch out for include:
Don’t ignore the symptoms, the sooner you get your cat to the vets the higher the chances of survival.
All prices are in GBP.
Protectapet Ltd, Unit 1, Canal Lane, Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent ST6 4PA. |
Telephone: 0800 999 4008 | Email: email@example.com
Copyright 2019 ProtectaPet | Company Reg: 09051826 | VAT Reg: 190682685