Posted by Lynette Hammond on 20th Jul 2016
Pet poisoning is a nightmare for any owner and being prepared for an emergency such as this can help you to stay calm and collected in order to get your pet the help they most urgently need. Poisonous substances are found both inside and outside the home and many pets are accidently poisoned due to their own curiosity.
In 2014, 43% of pets were poisoned by medicines, 12% by pesticides, 11% by household products, 10% by toxic foods and 1% by cosmetics and toiletries. These statistics, released by the VPIS annual report, show how easy it is for pets to be harmed by everyday products that are found in all of our homes and gardens. Here are just a few that you need to be aware of:
1.Paracetamol and ibuprofen
3.Spot on flea treatments for dogs are poisonous to cats if they contain Permethrin
4.Snail and slug pellets and baits that contain Metaldehyde
5.Paints, varnishes and other decorating materials that contain petroleum distillates that are poisonous to cats
8.Grapes, raisins, sultanas and currants
9.Rock salt and anti-freeze
Here are a few simple tips to help reduce poisoning risks in pets.
It’s essential to get your pet to the vets if you suspect they have been poisoned. Watching and waiting can prove to be fatal, so contact your vet, stay calm and follow their advice.
All prices are in GBP.
Protectapet Ltd, Unit 1, Canal Lane, Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent ST6 4PA. |
Telephone: 0800 999 4008 | Email: email@example.com
Copyright 2019 ProtectaPet | Company Reg: 09051826 | VAT Reg: 190682685