Moggies, or non-pedigree cats, generally make for better outdoor cats than their pedigree counter parts. These intelligent and independent felines love the fresh air and exerting their hunting instincts.
However, letting your beautiful friendly moggy cat outside comes with lots of dangers resulting in a short life expectancy.
Outdoor Risks To Consider When Letting Your Cat Outside
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Risk of viruses and diseases
- Accidents and injuries
- Pet thieves
- Lack of peace of mind
- Compromised relationships with neighbours
- Territorial fighting and disputes
- Risk of pests such as fleas
Should I let my Moggy cat outside?
Professor Mills said: “Many owners feel conflicted about letting their cat out, because they worry about the risks, but feel their cat would appreciate being out. Understandably many owners will keep their cats inside, but our work shows that there is a practical alternative that works, and yes, the cats do benefit from being outside, and even more so when that outside environment is protected.” Read the full article here.
The Benefits of Letting Your Moggy Outside
- Improvement with maintenance behaviours such as thirst and hunting behaviour
- Improved Welfare and feeling of safety
- Can exhibit natural wild behaviours
- Reduced behavioural issues (scratching and urination)
- Reduced aggression toward humans
- Reduced aggression to other household pets
- Improved stimulus resulting in less emotional stress
How Do I Keep My Moggy Safe Outside?
ProtectaPet have developed a range of cat containment products to keep cats contained in the garden. The 'Bengal Bend' on our 70cm overhang fencing bends in such a way that it is extremely difficult for moggy cats to climb over.
We also offer Catio's which are fully enclosed with galvanised and black powder coated steel for integral strength and durability.
Hear What Fellow Moggy Owners Have To Say:
(All reviews can be found on our Trustpilot page, click here for more!)
"I am very happy with work done by your company. I would live to recommend it. My cats remain in the back garden safely without going out on the main road and enjoy their freedom .Thank you so much."
"Having lost a previous cat in a road accident, getting my garden secured feels like a physical weight has been lifted off my shoulders. And the barriers look really good - I was rather resigned to a prison yard as the price of protecting my cats, but in fact it's not at all intrusive, there's no impact on the light coming into the garden or the house and it's easy to forget it's even there. Installation was quick and efficient, while the whole process from contacting ProtectaPet to having the garden finished was only a few weeks. I'd recommend ProtectaPet to anyone who has concerns about having a cat stolen or run over."
"We live near a main road and were worried about letting our kitten out to play. Our neighbours told us about ProtectaPet fencing, we viewed theirs, like what we saw so measured up and ordered. It arrived really quickly, we easily installed it and since then haven't looked back.
Our kitten can run around the garden safely without us worrying about her escaping.
Would recommend to anyone."
ProtectaPet Fencing Brackets
- Designed and Manufactured in Britain
- Patented technology and optimum aesthetics
- Minimal maintenance and long life in use with black gloss powdercoat
- Bengal Bend on the 70cm overhang
- ProtectaPet® logo as a marque of quality
ProtectaPet Cat Mesh
- Exclusively manufactured for ProtectaPet, our mesh has been designed specifically for keeping cats in safe outdoor territories
- UV stable polypropylene with high tensile strength for longevity
- Designed to flex to create instability if your Siamese attempts to climb it
- Superior quality designed specifically for cat safety
Keep your moggy safe with ProtectaPet!