The Siamese cat originated in Thailand, and are well known for being vocal and full of love and snuggles. Every Siamese cat owner will know just how affectionate this breed is!
The lovely nature of this cat could be its downfall when it comes to letting them outside. Their beautiful pointed markings and unassuming nature could make them a target for pet thieves.
We have also heard from our customers who own Siamese cats that they have little to no road sense, meaning road traffic accidents can pose a tragic and devastating risk.
Should I let my Siamese cat outside?
Professor Mills said: “Many owners feel conflicted about letting their cat out, because they worry about the risks, but feel their cat would appreciate being out. Understandably many owners will keep their cats inside, but our work shows that there is a practical alternative that works, and yes, the cats do benefit from being outside, and even more so when that outside environment is protected.” Read the full article here.
The Benefits of Letting Your Siamese Outside
- Improvement with maintenance behaviours such as thirst and hunting behaviour
- Improved Welfare and feeling of safety
- Can exhibit natural wild behaviours
- Reduced behavioural issues (scratching and urination)
- Reduced aggression toward humans
- Reduced aggression to other household pets
- Improved stimulus resulting in less emotional stress
How Do I Keep My Siamese Safe Outside?
ProtectaPet have developed a range of cat containment products to keep cats contained in the garden. The 'Bengal Bend' on our 70cm overhang fencing bends in such a way that it is extremely difficult for Siamese cats to climb over.
We also offer Catio's which are fully enclosed with galvanised and black powder coated steel for integral strength and durability.
Hear What Fellow Siamese Owners Have To Say:
(All reviews can be found on our Trustpilot page, click here for more!)
"Amazing service from start to finish. I had the whole garden enclosed, which has allowed my 2 cats to venture outside safely, giving me peace of mind. I lost one of my cats 2 years ago to a RTA, and my 2 year old Siamese was also in a RTA recently and suffered a fractured pelvis.
I couldn’t bear to lose another of my babies, which made up my mind to contact ProtectaPet. I live in the countryside and have beautiful views of the farmland, hills etc, and was worried that I would lose my views. This was not the case! I still have my beautiful views and don’t feel boxed in at all. Simon and his team were friendly and knowledgeable, and listened to my ideas......I am one very happy customer!"
"Really impressed with the speedy delivery and quality of the products.
I now have peace of mind knowing that my fur babies are safe and protected."
"Our two Siamese girls have selective tastes and a ProtectaPet Catio is the ultimate luxury. They have two carpeted houses in the Catio so can view the world at leisure whatever the weather.
Also in our ProtectaPet household are two geriatric moggies age 22 and 15. 15 has 3 legs but lots of character. Milly at 22 is our grand dame and together all four give three cheers for ProtectaPet Catios."
ProtectaPet Fencing Brackets
- Designed and Manufactured in Britain
- Patented technology and optimum aesthetics
- Minimal maintenance and long life in use with black gloss powdercoat
- Bengal Bend on the 70cm overhang
- ProtectaPet® logo as a marque of quality
ProtectaPet Cat Mesh
- Exclusively manufactured for ProtectaPet, our mesh has been designed specifically for keeping cats in safe outdoor territories
- UV stable polypropylene with high tensile strength for longevity
- Designed to flex to create instability if your Siamese attempts to climb it
- Superior quality designed specifically for cat safety
Keep your Siamese cat safe with ProtectaPet!