The Russian Blue Cat is a very popular breed all over the world. These beautiful cats make for great companions for both old and young people.
Russian Blues make for an ideal pet due to their plush coats being less allergenic with a low tendency to shed.
An extremely loyal cat, the Russian Blue will follow her owners around. Their sweet expression with striking eye colour means this breed can unfortunately be particularly vulnerable to pet thieves.
Should I let my Russian Blue outside?
We worked with Researchers Dr Luciana Santos de Assis and Professor Daniel Mills at the University of Lincoln to find out whether or not outdoor access increases your cats happiness.
Professor Mills said: “Many owners feel conflicted about letting their cat out, because they worry about the risks, but feel their cat would appreciate being out. Understandably many owners will keep their cats inside, but our work shows that there is a practical alternative that works, and yes, the cats do benefit from being outside, and even more so when that outside environment is protected.” Read the full article here.
The Benefits of Letting Your Russian Blue Outside
- Improvement with maintenance behaviours such as thirst and hunting behaviour
- Improved Welfare and feeling of safety
- Can exhibit natural wild behaviours
- Reduced behavioural issues (scratching and urination)
- Reduced aggression toward humans
- Reduced aggression to other household pets
- Improved stimulus resulting in less emotional stress
How Do I Keep My Russian Blue Safe Outside?
ProtectaPet have developed a range of cat containment products to keep cats contained in the garden. The 'Bengal Bend' on our 70cm overhang fencing bends in such a way that it is extremely difficult for Russian Blues to climb over.
We also offer Catio's which are fully enclosed with galvanised and black powder coated steel for integral strength and durability.
Hear What Fellow Russian Blue Owners Have To Say:
(All reviews can be found on our Trustpilot page, click here for more!)
"I had ProtectaPet fitted a week ago and it is just utterly wonderful. My cat tried and tried to get out but eventually gave up and just accepted it. I have 2 new British Blue kittens and the peace of mind I have in letting them outside to play is amazing. I can't thank ProtectaPet enough for their service."
"We purchased the fencing kit for our adored little Russian Blue during the first lockdown. Living in West London, there are just too many dangers on the street but we wanted her to have outside access.
We attempted a homemade version which Bluebell was able to scale in seconds! So we turned to ProtectaPet. We installed the kit ourselves which took a little longer than expected but our garden is now completely cat proof.
We would go as far as to say this kit has been life changing. We can leave our door open and Bluebell comes and goes as she wishes. We also have no qualms leaving her in the garden unattended, knowing she is safe. We cannot thank you enough and would 100% recommend you!"
"I am one very happy customer and my Russian Blue, Jinxy is so thrilled to be finally allowed to roam freely and safely in his garden :-) Our fabulous cat fence was installed by the very lovely Josh and Nathan.
They carried out an extremely professional job, paying huge attention to detail and deliberating over the tiniest of detail. They were extremely courteous, respectful and thoughtful.
It was a pleasure to have them both here working on something which has changed both mine and Jinxy's life. Lucy too was extremely helpful in organising the installation so I would like to send massive thanks to the 3 of them."
ProtectaPet Fencing Brackets
- Designed and Manufactured in Britain
- Patented technology and optimum aesthetics
- Minimal maintenance and long life in use with black gloss powdercoat
- Bengal Bend on the 70cm overhang
- ProtectaPet® logo as a marque of quality
ProtectaPet Cat Mesh
- Exclusively manufactured for ProtectaPet, our mesh has been designed specifically for keeping cats in safe outdoor territories
- UV stable polypropylene with high tensile strength for longevity
- Designed to flex to create instability if your Russian Blue attempts to climb it
- Superior quality designed specifically for cat safety
Keep your Russian Blue cat safe with ProtectaPet.