Popular with families due to their affectionate temperament and undemanding ways, the Norwegian Forest Cat is an amazing companion that can adapt very well to different families and lifestyles.
Easily recognizable thanks to their gorgeous, thick coats which are made for enduring the long and harsh Scandinavian winters. Despite being more easy to handle than other long haired cats, they will still require frequent hair brushing and grooming sessions.
Once the bond has been established, these beauties can be extremely loyal and loving with a kind and gentle nature.
Should I let my Norwegian Forest Cat outside?
We worked with Researchers Dr Luciana Santos de Assis and Professor Daniel Mills at the University of Lincoln to find out whether or not outdoor access increases your cats happiness.
Professor Mills said: “Many owners feel conflicted about letting their cat out, because they worry about the risks, but feel their cat would appreciate being out. Understandably many owners will keep their cats inside, but our work shows that there is a practical alternative that works, and yes, the cats do benefit from being outside, and even more so when that outside environment is protected.” Read the full article here.
The Benefits of Letting Your Norwegian Forest Cat Outside
- Improvement with maintenance behaviours such as thirst and hunting behaviour
- Improved Welfare and feeling of safety
- Can exhibit natural wild behaviours
- Reduced behavioural issues (scratching and urination)
- Reduced aggression toward humans
- Reduced aggression to other household pets
- Improved stimulus resulting in less emotional stress
How Do I Keep My Norwegian Forest Cat Safe Outside?
ProtectaPet have developed a range of cat containment products to keep cats contained in the garden. The 'Bengal Bend' on our 70cm overhang fencing bends in such a way that it is extremely difficult for Norwegian Forest Cat cats to climb over.
We also offer Catio's which are fully enclosed with galvanised and black powder coated steel for integral strength and durability.
Hear What Fellow Norwegian Forest Cat Owners Have To Say:
(All reviews can be found on our Trustpilot page, click here for more!)
So far, my very savvy cats (Norwegian forest cats) have yet to escape. They’ve tried and failed. It took a whole day to install.
I can now have my bi-folds wide open, fresh air and with the sun shining into the garden, it’s like both the cats & I have a new lease of life.
Not only are they safe, the wildlife that are now nesting in the tree next door are also safe.
Thank you protectapet!!
"We had ProtectaPet come in this week to install a catio for our 5 soon to be 6 cats, Norwegian Forest cats, From arrival to finish first class polite tidy guys, Mark and Nathan, we cannot recommend ProtectaPet enough, great product, not only are our cats 100% safe the catio has added extra security on the back of the house, the pride have been out in their new catio all day today and loving it, Thanks guys 😻😻😻😻😻 especially from Ted Albert Freddie Elsie Lucy and new baby cub Arthur!"
"Very helpful and accommodating. We have a large colony of Norwegian Forest Cats, who are by nature extremely agile and athletic. ProtectaPet installed cat-proof fencing, air-lock gates and overhead enclosures to provide us with a cat-safe garden. To date (after four years) only one cat has worked out how to defeat the fencing!"
ProtectaPet Fencing Brackets
- Designed and Manufactured in Britain
- Patented technology and optimum aesthetics
- Minimal maintenance and long life in use with black gloss powdercoat
- Bengal Bend on the 70cm overhang
- ProtectaPet® logo as a marque of quality
ProtectaPet Cat Mesh
- Exclusively manufactured for ProtectaPet, our mesh has been designed specifically for keeping cats in safe outdoor territories
- UV stable polypropylene with high tensile strength for longevity
- Designed to flex to create instability if your Norwegian Forest Cat attempts to climb it
- Superior quality designed specifically for cat safety
Keep your Norwegian Forest Cat safe with ProtectaPet!